So, it seems I have some unfinished business and I am just not sure how to deal with it all. I know there are those of you who will be sympathetic and tell me that I need to let it go. Others are of the opinion that if I ignore my problems, they will go away and confrontation is unnecessary as it will only cause upheaval. But…I have thought it through and decided that something has to be done. I can’t just keep shoving these disturbing thoughts aside.
So I made a list of things that have to change.
That’s right, I am determined to follow through and complete these ten projects that are still unfinished!
Top Ten Projects I Will Not Let Defeat Me (in no particular order):
- The half-finished business plan I keep moving around my desk because it is in my way
- That snowman craft I started last Christmas that still is not done
- My unsold books that I need to list on Ebay from the last 17 years of homeschooling
- My kid’s FAFSA forms for next year
- That pesky yoga app I downloaded that I can’t seem to fit into my day – I will use that yoga mat – I used my birthday gift card to get it – what was I thinking?
- I will put my son’s leaf prints into 8 x 10 frames so that I can proudly display his artwork somewhere other than the fridge
- Take down the Christmas lights (yes, they are still on my back porch) and put up the party lights for summer
- Clean out the shed – yikes
- More weeding
I feel so much better getting that all out into the open!
I have so much going on lately, that I have put some things off too long. I plan to check these off my “To Do” list within the next two weeks, so check back with me to see how I did.
What do you tend to procrastinate on most often? Things at home? Craft/sewing projects? Things at the office?
Just so I don’t feel too alone in this, leave me a comment about projects or tasks you have put off…oh, and be sure to leave it right away 🙂
I have organized a Procrastination Party on my Facebook page. Please join us Tuesday, June 7 at 7-9 p.m. – Pick a project you have been putting off and get it started or complete it and post us an “after” pic. We will be posting encouragement to each other on Facebook as we complete those tasks! Go sign up at the event so you can get reminders and updates, or “like” my Creative Crunchy Facebook Page to keep up with us!
Let me know if you have any questions about this.