Father’s Day is Coming Up on June 19!
I don’t know about you, but Dad’s special day always sneaks up on me. My Dad would always tell us exactly what he wanted for a Father’s Day gift, but my hubby is different, so creative Father’s Day ideas are a necessity around here. More often than not, our gifts, although appreciated, were not very practical.
One year we hit on the idea to make up a “Car Wash Kit”.
Making a “Car Wash Kit”
I took the kids with me and we purchased the car wash items together along with a pretty colored bucket, sponge, and of course, micro fiber cloths. This gift got used! It is not a time-consuming idea, but it is easily personalized according to the car wash items your family prefers. The kids loved having a “say” in what went into our kit. We use a lot of natural cleaners, but there are certain items that I haven’t found a natural alternative for yet, so we bought them and added those. You can purchase some really professional grade cleaners online too if he is a real car care aficionado.
Here are some items that you can add to help personalize your Dad’s “Kit”:
- First find a great organizer or heavy-duty bucket to put all the items into for the “Kit”
- Add the cleaning items your dad or hubby prefers and uses regularly: window cleaner wipes, protectant, tire cleaner, detailing stuff etc.
- Don’t forget Micro Fiber cleaning cloths. These are indispensable for all cleaning, but especially for your cars. Use a microfiber cloth with plain old hot water to clean up the most sticky messes and make the interior of your car look new and clean again. These work wonderfully on the headliner, carpet and upholstery too.
- Sunscreen and/or a ball cap featuring his favorite team to keep him from getting burned on those sunny days he is out washing the car.
- Shades – as in sunglasses or sun shades so when he has to park in the sun, he can make his own shade.
- Other car accessories he might need but has put off buying for himself:like a new phone mount for his car
- Natural California Scents air fresheners are wonderful – throw one of these in!
- A window sticker or car magnet that reflect his hobbies, likes or political leanings 🙂
- Or take one of your kids drawings and make him a custom car magnet or bumper sticker like the ones at CafePress.
- New car mats won’t fit in your kit, but most guys would welcome clean car mats to protect their car’s carpet.
You are done!Put a big bow on it and then go make him a fun Father’s Day card with the kids! This is a Father’s Day gift that won’t get stuck on a shelf or stuffed in a drawer and forgotten.
This was one of our better Father’s Day ideas… now I need a new one, so share yours here with me ….please!